Mixing at Home: The “Perfect Hot Toddy”
Warm Yourself from the Inside Out
A Long Time Favorite…
The holidays are a time for tradition, and what says traditional like a good old fashioned Hot Toddy? Stay warm and cozy throughout the Fall and Winter with a belly full of spiced Johnnie Walker!
Wonder how much whisky you would need to mix these up in a tote tank….
- 60ml water
- 3 cloves
- Cinnamon stick
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 60ml whisky
- 2 tsp honey
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Grating of nutmeg
- Put the water in a small pan along with the spices and lemon peel over a low heat. Bring to a gentle simmer. Meanwhile rinse a heatproof glass with hot water and dry.
- Pour the whisky into your warmed glass, then add hot water and spices.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice and taste for sweetness.
- Top with a little nutmeg, and breathe in deeply.
- Repeat as often as necessary.
Disclaimer: The recipes found on this website are provided as suggestions. We assume no obligation or liability, and make no warranties, with respect to these recipes.